these last two are from my Li series. The background of this one is as an old wet wipe with glue on top.
This paper was used as backing when I made blind embossing of # 4,5&6. then I rolled litho ink over the resulting multiple-exposure.
starchart #3 – I used a new ink for these print. Charbonnel’s Soft Black. I’m sure all the plates need better wiping, but I just needed to get a first opinion
#4 – All the samurai cards are printing darker because they are from the inside of the card and made of fluff.
startchart #5 – these plates are made up of layers of materials which comes across strongly in the prints than the plates.
start chart #6 – Maybe these plates need a few circular stickers, ink free. there’s lots of detail to see when you get close to.
starchart #7 – this plate was falling apart as I inked it, so it definitely isn’t as wiped as I would like. It definitely needs more work ( as well as mending ); more stuff in get legend and maybe colour in the faults.
I really like these kind of images. The plate was made ages ago from Golden Crackle gel medium. I was worried it would turn to dust in the press. Now all I have to do is sort out how the edges work.