I’ve been really busy this week, but I’m not sure how much I have to show for it. I’ve printed the first proofs of the three A2 plates I posted about last week, but mainly I’ve been diving in to origami. And that has been causing me to reconsider the J11D project. Images and things are probably going to be a bit thin on the ground until the end of term as all this work is large and requires an A1 folio to cart it about; something London’s public transport isn’t very keen on.
Here are two of the proofs i”ve printed. the third honeycomb plate is pretty boring to look at as it stands so I haven’t reproduced it. Both these prints are ghost prints. ( I probably didn’t wipe the plates enough.)
This was the second print from the Index Sheet, subsequently as the creases collapsed under the pressure of the press they made more white lines. I have lots of thoughts about this image and am thinking about two more possible plates to complete it.
it’s hard to work on because each little section needs attention if the whole is going to work and at the same time the the big picture shouldn’t be ignored.
I haven’t forgotten the honey comb plate, I am going to varnish it so that it has the squares of the standard plate. I think I might make at least one more ‘background print for the standard plate. The rotated square plate (above silver) is going to be for ‘town plans’, if they have such things in hyperspace.
Now to the other bit of this weeks activity. two new origami books. I found them during my search for a perfect biscuit tin, but that aren’t your typical origami book full of models, but rather about origami. One is a exhibition catalogue of shiny paper folding and the other is about folding techniques.
So many possibilities… maps of higher dimensions don’t have to stay 2D!
Here’s a photo of crumpled paper that’s been printed. I’ve been using crumpled paper a lot, but now i know how to make it properly.
This is a much thinner paper that I wasn’t sure would photograph because its so transparent. It’s still very crumbled up, but you can only see the areas where it was printed.
I’ve been thinking about how to attach it to the surface of the print I made when I printed the paper. This thin paper left an interesting pattern on the print where the ink came through so many layers.
My head is running away with me.