And what have we learnt this week?
That materials change when you use them and if you want to have everything nice and registered you need to make a master former and keep everything the same ‘age’…
I’ve been really busy this week, but I’m not sure how much I have to show for it. I’ve printed the first proofs of the three A2 plates I posted about last week, but mainly I’ve been diving in to origami. And that has been causing me to reconsider the J11D project. Images and things are probably going to be a bit thin on the ground until the end of term as all this work is large and requires an A1 folio to cart it about; something London’s public transport isn’t very keen on. Read the rest of this entry »
Finally I got round to visiting the V&A to look at the collections of fancy Biscuit tins. They live in the Ironwork Gallery and were donated as a whole in 1983. I am there for beginning to work on the print part of this project and the choices seem to be limitless. Read the rest of this entry »
This post is a photo essay, exploring how I arrived at the design decisions for this series of prints.
Some times the images are copies of my notes and some times they are little illustrations of my decisions. As usual the organisation of the argument deserves far more preparation than I am prepared to give it. Read the rest of this entry »