This weeks post is centred around origami as a means to representing images in more than two dimensions. here are two examples of printed tissue that have been folded so that they stand off the surface.
I’ve been really busy this week, but I’m not sure how much I have to show for it. I’ve printed the first proofs of the three A2 plates I posted about last week, but mainly I’ve been diving in to origami. And that has been causing me to reconsider the J11D project. Images and things are probably going to be a bit thin on the ground until the end of term as all this work is large and requires an A1 folio to cart it about; something London’s public transport isn’t very keen on. Read the rest of this entry »
By the time I actually manage to write these blog posts sometimes the thoughts therein have gone round and round and round and I hardly know where anything is, but I’m trying to make sense of what I want to do with my work and the opportunities I have at the studio.
This post will be a place marker for some serious considerations of projects I’ve been fighting with over time and their likely next step. Hop to the next post to look at pictures, both past and present, if you want to skip all my blathering.
As dry point is a quick process part of this half term was to make a series of related prints. Lat summer I managed ‘to contemplate a tangled bank’*, but this time I haven’t managed anything as comprehensive.
The plates have got bigger, and more self involved. Read the rest of this entry »
For this five week course i’ve been reusing polycarbonate plates i’ve used before. The dry point burr gets squashed by the press after awhile and so the image fades.
In the previous post I detailed the construction of the plate and all the different techniques i put it though. Here are are the resulting prints. All together I managed 10 prints, but you can see the last one is a shadow of it’s former self. Read the rest of this entry »